Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dad was moved today to another room which is one step down from ICU but he still has to be monitored. He is on the Bi-Pap machine and still does not like it. Mom went right after work to visit and when I got there, she was getting his dinner. She needed to leave so I stayed to feed him. He had oxygen on with a face mask. He took it off to eat and quickly had to put the mask back on, like within 5 minutes. I think he started to not feel well again so he called the nurse and told her he couldn't breathe. She came in and checked him and she then paged the respiratory therapist who came quickly and I explained that he was trying to eat without the mask and that's when it got bad again. She said he could put the oxygen nose thing on, but he doesn't like that. I encouraged him to do that because he needed to eat. She checked him and said he had some wheezing again, so she could put the Bi-Pap on again and add a breathing treatment to the machine. He said OK, so I think he wasn't feeling well because he hates that machine. It closes off his nose and mouth and he has to breath with it and I can see how it'd be claustrophobic or uncomfortable. He told me not to stay because he couldn't talk well with that thing on. I asked him to promise me to try and eat after his breathing was better and he said he would.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2006 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At May 26, 2006 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home