Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Went to see Dad on my lunch break today, he's not too far from my work. He was in bed and not very happy. The bed was manual and they hadn't moved him to a comfortable position and he hadn't slept well. He said he ate the food but it'd be better to give it to his dog Rufus. I asked if it was better than the other place, and he said yes it was. He also did not have a TV set up but it was in the room, so I set it up, but there was no remote, another thing he wasn't happy about. I told him to pick a channel, he did so he could watch Oprah later today. They were switching out his bed when I had to leave, to a newer mechanical one and they had found another TV stand that would work better for him and they were getting another pillow for him. A physical therapist came in and talked to him and he said he'll have to get up and sit in a chair and then try to start walking. I felt awful having to leave but I was late already. I told him to try and stay positive. Find some good in it. Easy for me to say....

Mom says his Dr. is ordering 80 hrs. a week home care for 1 year. And they are hoping he'll only have to be in the conv. hospital for about 1 week or 10 days. We feel better about the home health care situation, looks like he'll be ok.

2 Comments:

At April 05, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Cindy Wilhite said...

Hi Mitch, sorry to hear that he's not much better. Does he qualify for acute care rehab? It is sooo much better. Much more intense, but better results. It really depends on his insurance, but if there is a chance, I would definitely push the issue. Ballard Rehab in San Bernardino is excellent, and I could talk to them for you if your parents are interested, I know their intake nurse. It is a bit of a drive for you guys, but worth it. Call me and we can discuss that and other options. I am on-call this weekend, but might be able to get down to see him, depends on how busy it is at work. Call me on my cell, or at work, i will send the number to your cell phone. Give my love to your Dad and Mom, and big hugs to all of you. Love, Cin

 
At May 26, 2006 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home