Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dad made it through the procedure just fine. The news sounded fairly optimistic. They were able to get in the heart with the catheter and he does not seem to have as much damage as they anticipated. He has some damage and weakness on the bottom left side of the heart. The one artery had some closing, but no blockage. I don't know what is next.

My cousin Gene(Wink) came to see Dad at the hospital. Mom and Dad had a hard time recognizing him, he's lost so much weight. He looks great I'm told. Woohoo Wink! Dad was happy he came by. My friend Jul came to be with my Mom and see Dad too, but was toting 2 inpatient toddlers with her and had a hard time finding mom and dad, thanks for trying Jul. I went right after work and I thought he looked well, but he was tired. And he had his dinner earlier, but he needed his puffer and the nurse was working on getting an OK from the Dr. for that. He's scheduled to come home today. And we're working on getting a hospital bed at the house, because I think he needs to be elevated to help his breathing. His sugar was high again too and they are looking into why that is. So all in all, yesterday was a good day for him.

Thank you all for your continued prayers! Hugs to you all!

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Cindy Wilhite said...

Hi Mitch, glad to hear that it went well! Wink does look awesome, doesn't he! The sugars mightbe high if they gave him steroids to help his breathing, at least that can do it. Been a crazy busy week here, but will call as soon as possible, my voicemail wasn't working right and didnt realize that you had called back. Love, Cin

 
At May 26, 2006 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home