Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dad is still in the DOU, which I have no idea what that means, but it's one step down from ICU. He was doing better yesterday Mom said, he only had to have the oxygen mask or nose thing on, not the Bi-pap machine. I was there the night before and he was not able to eat without the machine, so that's an improvement I guess. Again tonight Mom said he was doing well but his nurse wanted him to get up to go to the bathroom and that really tired him out and he had to have a breathing treatment, so that isn't good. But I think it's good that they try to get him up. I went to go see Gary tonight and bring him some dinner, he's been feeling a little neglected I think, but he's OK.

Mom is handling things well, she's tired and stressed but feeling OK.

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 7:52 PM, Blogger Cindy Wilhite said...

Glad that he is doing better! DOU is Direct Observation Unit. It usually is 4 patients to one nurse, ICU is 1-2 patients to each nurse. Love, Cin

 
At May 26, 2006 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home