Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dad had his biopsy today. It was originally scheduled for 8 am but got pushed back and then he had to go for another MRI before the procedure at 10 am, so he did not go into surgery until about Noon. Mom and I were able to stay with him for awhile in the room. He was a little nervous, he said he had RLS "Restless Leg Syndrome", I said, are you nervous? He says, "Well, I've never done this before."

It took about 3 hours before he was back in recovery. They took 4 samples of the tissue and the good news is that none of the tissues automatically showed bad news. There was some necrotic (dead) tissue near the mass but they are doing more test tonight and may know more tomorrow. He was put into the ICU for the night and we were able to see him for a bit. Junior, my boyfriend came for the afternoon and he seemed happy to see him. He seemed ok, he was hungry, he was talking. He wanted me to be sure and send an email to "Apodaca" and he said what a good friend he has been to him. He got a little emotional. He's been doing that lately. So I crashed his address book and I'm sending this blog to everyone I think he wants me too. He called the house earlier this evening and had eaten dinner and he said he had round steak and squash and melon.....well, mom was surprised because he hates squash and he hates melon! He was either really hungry or just ate it, although Huntington does have great hospital food! He had a sock thing on his head tonight and one of the dr's I think drew a picture on it for him, it had a plane on it. Here are some pics. He asked Dr.Taylor if he'd take a pic of him with the cage on, but Dr.Taylor took many good pics. There are other pics, but i'm having trouble uploading. I think maybe they are too big for one file. I'll try to post more, but maybe tomorrow, i am pooped...

So Dad is scheduled to maybe come home tomorrow or he may stay until Saturday. Mom has had a really long day, she was up at 4 am and we got home around 7pm. I missed work but they are very understanding.

If you have any questions, please call or email me at mitchypoo777@yahoo.com. Again, all prayers are so appreciated. (((((((((Hugs)))))) to you all.

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 12:14 AM, Blogger Cindy Wilhite said...

I am so glad that things went well today. I was thinking it was next Thurs. Our prayers are with you all, we love you. Love, Cindy,Randy, and Nikki XOXOXO

 
At February 24, 2006 5:09 PM, Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Get well soon!

 
At February 24, 2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you all
Nick & Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home